One can only understand the meaning of the connectivity divide through experiencing it. Nothing as annoying as just simply waiting for something in order to find out that you have been waiting for nothing. But last week I was lucky..
I experienced a ‘mild’ form of the connectivity divide, when I tried to send an email in an Internet cafe in Kampala. After first having tried hotmail, which just didn’t work, I gave my student mail a shot…after some frustrating moments of biting my nails, as a last resort I tried gmail.. and after 20 minutes (of more) trying and crying my email finally got sent. Yoohoo!! Lucky me.. Continue reading
- Gulu Visit II: SOVCO and questioning ICT4D
- Visit Makerere University Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
- Gulu visit I: BOSCO and ICT4D in Rural Uganda
- Internet in Kampala........
- First impressions on iCT in Kampala
- Development Cooperation 2.0 with the 1%CLUB
- Visit Software Factory Uganda
- Visiting KIFAD in Kampala
- The 1%CLUB Uganda research report
- Individual Research
- 2.0 accessibility accountability Africa Afrika Studie Centrum Andre Leliveld Appolo Nsibambi ASC business business process outsourcing communication Computer computing Connections and Transformations connectivity development digital divide documents e-commerce e-education e-health East Africa Ekimeeza Embassy ethnography EuroAfrica ICT facts faculty FP7 Ham Mukasa Mulira hardware ICT ICT4Accountability ICT4D ICT4Uganda IDG News Service incubation International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Internet interview Kampala Legislation Leiden makerere Makerere University Marieke van Winden Ministry Mirjam Blaak Mobile mtn Netherlands networking New Vision NGO orange phone programming Projects radio Research Rijk van Dijk SMS software start up Sub-Saharan Africa talent tech Technology Telecom the Netherlands Uganda Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) venture capital youth zain
Blogbeitrag 15… on Gulu visit I: BOSCO and ICT4D… tanjanika reives on Next Silicon Valley in Ka… mwenyi david on Visit Makerere University Facu… jal bol on Visit Makerere University Facu… Nandawula Rhoda on Facts and Figures on ICT in…