22 years of internal strife by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) has led to the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people living in the northern part of Uganda. In 2007 a total of 31 IDP camps (which now are called Community Centers) with all together 214,908 people have been administrated to which food aid was being distributed. Now that the situation is stabilizing, many inhabitants are leaving the camps to return to the land that was once their home. But in doing so they encounter a new array of problems and difficult challenges to overcome. I visited two different IDP camps along with 2 different organizations that were active and carrying out projects to sustain the community and improve the lively hoods of the people i.e. BOSCO Uganda and SOVCO Uganda.
- Visit Makerere University Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
- How many file cabinets do we need to replace?
- Text To Change: Spreading the Message to Stop the Virus
- The 1%CLUB Uganda research report
- Stolen quotes on ICT4D
- Mobile phones make a great gift in Uganda
- Next Silicon Valley in Kampala?
- 2.0 accessibility accountability Africa Afrika Studie Centrum Andre Leliveld Appolo Nsibambi ASC business business process outsourcing communication Computer computing Connections and Transformations connectivity development digital divide documents e-commerce e-education e-health East Africa Ekimeeza Embassy ethnography EuroAfrica ICT facts faculty FP7 Ham Mukasa Mulira hardware ICT ICT4Accountability ICT4D ICT4Uganda IDG News Service incubation International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Internet interview Kampala Legislation Leiden makerere Makerere University Marieke van Winden Ministry Mirjam Blaak Mobile mtn Netherlands networking New Vision NGO orange phone programming Projects radio Research Rijk van Dijk SMS software start up Sub-Saharan Africa talent tech Technology Telecom the Netherlands Uganda Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) venture capital youth zain
Blogbeitrag 15… on Gulu visit I: BOSCO and ICT4D… tanjanika reives on Next Silicon Valley in Ka… mwenyi david on Visit Makerere University Facu… jal bol on Visit Makerere University Facu… Nandawula Rhoda on Facts and Figures on ICT in…